Monday, November 3, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things....

Our sweet Kayley Mei is two months old today. It is so fun to see her grow and learn new things. She brings such a wonderful spirit into our home and has both of us wrapped around her little finger. I'm stealing this cute idea from my friend Sara who listed her favorite things about her little daughter Annabelle when she turned 2 months old. I loved reading it and decided that I wanted to do one for Kayley.

You might want to click on this collage so that you can see the pictures better. I'm new to this whole thing and I couldn't figure out how to change the size of the pictures. The ones on the far right are especially small.
Posted by Picasa
"These are a few of my favorite things"

*More than anything, I love when I am holding you and you look up at me and smile. It just melts my heart and makes everything that I do as your mommy so worth it.
*How precious and peaceful you look when you sleep. I could just stare at you all the time and never get bored.
*How you always manage to get your hands free when we swaddle you so we don't even try to put them in anymore.
*Your big, dark blue eyes
*How you look when you are wrapped up in your towel right after a bath
*You love taking baths and are always so good as soon as we put you in the water.
*You love your daddy and always calm down to his voice and look straight up in his eyes.
*You sleep with your arms up over your head.
*How strong your neck is and the times that you hold your head up the longest is when you are fussy. It's almost as if you want to show us how frustrated you are.
*After you've held your head up for a while and then get tired, your head starts bopping up and down like you are dancing to the beat of music.
*When you yawn- it's so cute!
*Your long eyelashes
*When you calm down to my voice.
*You have long, skinny fingers just like me.
*Your feet look just like mine too. (That's not necessarily a good thing for either of us but it makes me happy to know you got a few things from me since you looked like a clone of your daddy when you were born. I am the one who did all the hard work to get you here! You have to get something from me:)
*How you grunt and stretch your arms and legs when you are waking up.
*How you pucker your lips after you are done nursing on one side
*How for the first month and a half of your life you seriously pooped more than is humanly possible. There was one day that you had 3 blowouts! At least we know that you are getting enough to eat. :)
*How you make me want to be a better mom every day
*How I feel so bad for you when you get the hiccups even after I've burped you and it doesn't seem to bother you at all.
*You love music and it always seems to calm you down and help you to fall asleep. I especially love when you calm down to my singing. It makes me feel like I must not sound that bad!
*When you wrap your fingers around mine when I am nursing you. I can't wait until you can hold my hand!
*When you smile in your sleep. I hope you are having sweet dreams!
*When you are exhausted and your eyes are so heavy but you keep fighting it because you don't want to miss anything that's going on around you. You try so hard not to let your eyes close.
*You make all sorts of grunts and noises and sometimes even cry in your sleep amd when I go in to check on you thinking you might be waking up, you are fast asleep.
*You love being outside.
*When you cuddle with me or daddy when you aren't tired.
*When you wake up from your nap and are crying because you are hungry and then as soon as I get you in the position to eat, you make this little excited cry/pant before you latch on to let me know that you are so glad that I finally got the point and you can't wait to fill that empty tummy of yours! It's so funny!

I love you so much Kayley and I love being your mommy! You have taught me so much and helped me to become so much closer to our Heavenly Father. We are so glad to have you in our family. I love you with all my heart my sweet little princess!

4 comments:

  1. Ash that is so sweet! You need to save that for her to see someday! I feel like I know her that much more! She is a sweetheart! As are you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea. I wish I had started my blog before Tuscanee was born so I could document all my thoughts. Oh well, I will try to make up for it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's just going to get more and more fun as she grows up! Wait until she starts calling, "mommy, mommy!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the collage; the one in the pink towel is the cutest. She is just growing up to be as beautiful as her mom.

    ReplyDelete