Sunday, December 21, 2008

Early Christmas in Utah

The night before we left for Tulsa to be with my parents for Christmas, we decided that we needed to get up to Salt Lake to see the lights at Temple Square. Neither of us had been in a few years, so we were really excited to go. Bryce and Kelly went with us and we had a really good time. My sweet brother Colby came over and watched Kayley so that we didn't have to take her with us. It was freezing cold and we figured she'd be a lot happier sleeping in her own warm crib at home. Because we were trying to hurry back in time for me to nurse Kayley, we didn't take a ton of pictures, but if you want to see some gorgeous pics of the lights then look here. Some daddy daughter bonding time before we went to see the lights. Kayley is definitely still a daddy's girl.


We decided that instead of taking all of our presents out to Tulsa with us, which would have been unrealistic and a huge pain, we would just have an early Christmas before we left because waiting 'til after we got back was definitely out of the question. ;) We were just going to do it the Thursday night before we left the next morning, but we were both so excited about it and were all ready by the Tuesday before, that we decided to just have it that night. I was so excited about all of Nate's gifts, that I just couldn't wait until Thursday night for him to open them! Sadly, sweet little Kayley was in bed by the time Nate got home, so she missed out on our early Christmas. We figured she wouldn't know the difference anyway. I can't wait until she gets excited about opening presents.
My sweet husband waited in line at Robert's at 5:30 in the morning on Black Friday to buy me a Cricut Machine. I am so excited about it and have used it for a few projects already!
Nate's gangsta pose with his new Xbox games and DVD. We had so much fun watching each other open things, that we completely forgot about taking pictures after the first few gifts.
One of the gifts was To: Mommy and Kayley, From: Daddy. Since Kayley was asleep, I got to do the honors of opening it. I sat there wondering what he could have bought for both of us. I was so impressed with him. He went to Baby Gap all by himself and picked out this adorable sweater dress and hat and little shirt for Kayley. I love them and Kayley looks so adorable in them! I love Baby Gap clothes but I never even go there because it's way too expensive and so it's not worth it to me to go and fall in love with something and have to walk out without buying it. We all know why he put that it was for Kayley AND me, because let's be honest, we moms care way more about dressing up our kids than they do. They wouldn't know the difference if they wore the same thing every day. Seriously, and I don't mean this in a "I'm so selfless" kind of way, but I would way rather get something for Kayley than for me. I've never had more fun than when I got to open so many cute clothes for Kayley at my friends baby shower. I was in heaven! I love baby girl clothes!
I just had to throw this picture in of our sweet little angel! She's growing way too fast.

4 comments:

  1. AHH! I love her little pink striped sleeper! Natalie has the same one. You have to tell me, is it a hand me down like Natalie's is, or did you find it somewhere- I would buy one of those in every size up to 2 years old. The snap sleepers are so much better then the zipper ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is getting so big! She looks so much older since the last time I saw her. She is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a cricuit too! You have to let me know if you do something cool because I haven't used mine much and I really want to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow she is getting big! How long has it been since I've seen her...a year?!!!

    ReplyDelete