Monday, October 4, 2010

I love KSL...

and am starting to love photoshop!  I have become a KSL and garage sale junkie ever since we moved into our new house.  I don't ever want to pay full price for anything again!! :) I found this cute little table and chairs on KSL. It's nothing fancy, but I've wanted something like this for a while now and figured that for $15 it wasn't a bad deal.  Eventually I want to add 2 more chairs and repaint the table and chairs, but for now it works great in our playroom.  After we picked it up today, the girls couldn't wait for me to take it upstairs to try it out.  I thought they looked so cute so I grabbed the camera and took a quick picture... 

 or make that 2 pictures...


So now why I am starting to love photoshop.... I bought photoshop elements a few months after Kayley was born and got excited about using it until I tried it out and got frustrated and overwhelmed because I had no idea what I was doing and so I stopped using it altogether.  A few months ago I started thinking about how I missed learning and would love to take a class and it was just a few days later that I got a pamphlet in the mail for UVU's CE courses that were held at the new West Lake High School less than 5 minutes from my house.  As I was skimming through, I found that they had a photoshop class and got so excited.  I've never done anything like that before and decided it was time to do something for myself.  My mom signed up with me and we've gone to 3 out of the 6 classes so far.  The teacher isn't that amazing and I still don't know very much, but it has still been fun and we have learned a few cool things.  We actually haven't learned how to do this in class yet, but just from becoming more familiar with photoshop, I learned to do head swaps and was so proud of myself when I took Brinley's smiling face from the second picture and put it in the first one. 
Aren't they so cute? :)  I love my girls!
PS I hope you don't die of shock when you see that I've posted twice within 1 weeks time!  Miracles do happen! :)
PPS  Wasn't Conference amazing?!  I wish that we could have it once a month!

7 comments:

  1. I would LOVE to get Photoshop Elements. Eric said I can get it as soon as I use up my stash of scrapbook paper. :) (I really want to start digital scrapbooking!) Good for you for taking a class--that's so fun that you get to go with your mom. Can't wait to see more of your finished products! Isn't it so exciting when you can do magic to photos? I LOVE this table and chairs set. I can't believe you got it for so cheap! Wish I were close so you could help scout out deals for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud and yes, shocked that we have been graced by another wonderful post from Ashley. I hate paying full price also and I love a little project here and there. Love the table and chairs-Great deal! The little ladies are so adorable. Bravo on stretching your mind and educating yourself on photoshop. Very exciting! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go with photoshop!! I need to get myself a copy of that. I love playing around with photos.

    And I love a good deal, too!! Nice find with the table/chairs! I found an old desk on the side of the road, so I picked it up. It's been sitting in my garage just waiting for me to paint it for about a year. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you have questions about photoshop let me know. I have a great book for a class I am taking right now that I could let you borrow. It is fun to learn new things. I love the girls. Kayley's hat is adorable and they are just two of the cutest little sweethearts I have ever seen. Nice and pink just like their mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Look at these posts! I'm so impressed! You even got our swimming day way back when on there! Now I need you to teach me Photoshop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I wish we had KSL up in ID but Craigslist is good too!!! The table is so cute and $15 a a steal good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your girls are getting so big! They are adorable! Now you just need to post about Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete