Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Break in Tulsa

We had such a good time in Tulsa with my parents, Mark & Shannon and their kids, Robb, Jonathan, Trevor, Colby and Brendan. We were there from December 18th to the 26th. Our time there went by so quickly and we were sad to go home when the time came. Kayley flew on an airplane for the first time and did great. The way there she was perfect and didn't cry at all and the way back was a little bit more difficult, but she still did really well. While we were there, we went to the gym almost every morning, played walleyball (one of my favorite games), ate lots of yummy food, went to Freckle's to get frozen custard at least twice, watched movies, went shopping, played games, talked, stayed up late, went to Incredible Pizza, went bowling, went on some walks, had an adult dinner without any kids, did the Nativity with all the kids (Kayley was baby Jesus)and played with all the cute grandchildren that were there. My mom, Shannon and I also went one afternoon and got pedicures. None of us took our cameras, so I don't have any pictures of it, but it was way fun! It was also so nice to have babysitters around all the time. Thank you mom and dad for everything! They get home from their mission this July and we can't wait to be able to see them more often!!

Kayley's first time meeting her Grandpa and Grandma Seal. (Technically she did meet Grandma Seal when she was born, but the last time she had seen her she was only 3 days old at the time, so it doesn't really count! :)
This was Kayley's first time meeting Uncle Brendan too.
One of our family Christmas traditions- making candy trains. The kids ate almost all of the candy off of them within the next 24 hours! :)

Cute little Benjamin
Kayley and Aunt Shannon
Doing tummy time on Daddy.
Peyton was Nathan's little buddy the whole trip.
Kayley was always so happy in Grandpa's arms.

I love how they both have the big wide-eyed look.
We can't go to Tulsa without going to Incredible Pizza. They actually have really good food and the kids have so much fun there.
I'll never understand how Trevor can eat so much and still be so skinny! And that was just his first trip to the buffet!
Kayley playing with Uncle Mark and Robb.
Story time after the gym.


3 comments:

  1. That is so neat you got to go and see your parents in Tulsa!! I hope they are doing well and I know they are touching many lives. I sure do miss them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had fun. I wish we could have been there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved seeing all those pics, Ash! So fun! I'm glad you can still visit your parents even though they're on a mission. I'm sure you all had such a great time being together!!!

    ReplyDelete