Here are some things about Kayley at 1 year:
*She is starting to talk a lot. She says dada, mama, duck, quack, cock (for cock-a-doodle-do), all done (a dun), hi, bunny (dunny), uh-oh, go, up, ball, dog, cat, cow, ball, hat, shoes (more of a "shs" sound, but we know what she's talking about), keys, clap and lots and lots of baby gibberish.
*Her "dunny" is her favorite thing in the world. It's a little stuffed animal I got her for Easter that she sleeps with. She would crawl around holding and kissing it all day long if we would let her. She gets so excited any time that she sees it or hears us say bunny or sees a picture of a bunny for that matter.
*She nods her head yes and shakes her head no.*One of her favorite things to do is to go up and down the stairs. She will find them no matter where we are, especially at home and at both grandparents' houses. I used to follow closely behind her because I was scared that she was going to fall, but she is getting pretty proficient at it that if I am doing something at the moment and can't be right behind her, I don't worry about her falling.
*She pulls herself up on everything and has just started in the past couple of weeks to walk along things. She will walk holding onto a walker if we are helping her and sometimes will walk with us holding her hands, but she's still not super interested in walking. She is very content crawling and has turned into a speedy little crawler.
*She loves baths but just recently has decided that she's not a huge fan of getting her hair washed.
*She waves at everyone and everything, but only when she wants to and, as with everything else, won't do it on cue very often until the people are walking or driving away.
*She has just recently started clapping and loves the song, "When You're Happy and You Know It." That's one of the first ones I start singing when she is grumpy in the car and she stops being fussy almost immediately and starts clapping along.
*She gets so excited any time that she sees a little kid. She is so entertained by them and loves watching them play and run around.
*She used to give us kisses every time that we would ask her to, but I think that we kind of took advantage of the privilege and so now she only does it when she wants to. My favorite thing ever is when she turns to kiss us when we don't ask her to. It's so cute!
*She is hopefully starting to get out of this stage and things are getting a lot better, but for a while now it is so hard to change her diaper or her clothes because she is so squirmy and busy and won't sit still for anything.
*She is completely weaned now and does great with drinking whole milk. She is also a great eater and will eat almost anything that I give her. She hasn't eaten baby food for a while now. She is a huge fan of grapes, string cheese, bananas, oatmeal, corn, peas, carrots, whole wheat bread, watermelon..you get the point, basically everything! She loves to eat. She's definitely her mother's child! :)
*She loves books! Sometimes she will sit and let me read to her for 20-30 minutes at a time and other times she won't sit longer than half a book and she is squirming out of my lap on to her next project of destruction. (Nate calls her "Destructo" because she gets into everything and often finds a way to destroy everything.)
*She still only has 2 bottom teeth even though she has teethed soo many times now but those top teeth still haven't made their way out. She loves her toothbrush though and will sit and brush her two little teeth/suck and bite on her toothbrush forever. It has become one of her favorite toys.
*She loves her daddy and gets so excited any time she sees him or hears his voice. One of her favorite times of day is when daddy comes home for lunch.
Here are some pictures from her special day:
Her cake was a hit! She loved it and got it everywhere!
















Happy Birthday sweet girl. These pictures are great. I can't believe how much she looks like Nate. Sounds like she is a super smart and sweetheart. You are so lucky.
ReplyDeleteOh what a cutie... I love that age. I actually think between 12-15 months is when they start getting SO entertaining and so much fun to play with. And I agree with the above comment- she TOTALLY looks like Nate. Crazy.
ReplyDeleteShe looks so so big and tall (maybe it's because she's a light little thing - cause looking at the percentages she's not that tall, but very tiny weight-wise). What a happy family and soon enough there will be two!! Horray!! :D :D
ReplyDeleteCongrats mama
Happy Birthday cute girl! I cannot believe she is ONE! She is darling! Ash SO wished I could've seen ya at the game...someday....someday!! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! I can't believe our girls are already 1... it has gone by so fast! She is so beautiful! One day we will live back in the states and I hope our little girls can become good friends!
ReplyDeleteHoly cow, I can't believe she is already a year old! That is so crazy!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe she is one. Wow! She is beautiful and I am so excited for the little sister to come. You look great! I esp. love the last picture where Kayley and your hubby have the same look on their face. So cute! Happy late birthday- SOooooo glad to know you are alive, hopefully doing well.
ReplyDeleteHi Ashley,
ReplyDeleteWow, how ya doin?!? Your little girl is so cute! Congrats on your second pregnancy. That is so exciting! My two little ones are fourteen months apart. Its hard but worth it:)
Wow! That is so crazy! she is so cute Ashley! i miss being able to see you around!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Kayley! Sounds like she and Tuscanee have lots in common at that age. Well, except the weight thing! She's a beanpole and Tuscanee is like her daddy. Cute pictures!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe your little girl is already a year! Time really does fly by doesn't it? She's adorable and you look great. I agree, we do need to get together and soon! I woudl love to meet your little girl (maybe girls depending on how long it takes us!)!
ReplyDeleteShe is so adorable! I can't believe she is already 1! We are still planning on watching her next weekend. Let me know the details of what time.
ReplyDeleteAsh she is such a cutie. I love the picture about halfway down of her smiling big, stinkin cute! Sad I didn't get to see her the other day... next time;)
ReplyDeleteShe is so darling! It's amazing how fast the first year goes by. Lily turned 1 on July 13th. She has those same little footed pj's with the pink hearts. So cute!
ReplyDeleteTime flies huh! And yes she will seem like a baby until you bring your new baby home! I cant believe how big Heather really is! I would love to talk to you so i will call you soon!
ReplyDelete