Thursday, September 18, 2008

Two Week Appointment

I can't believe she's already 2 weeks old! I know all you moms out there are thinking, "She can't believe her baby is already 2 weeks old?! She has no idea how quickly time goes by and before you know it they are turning 2 years old!" It just seems like the past 2 weeks have flown by so quickly. Part of me is so excited for Kayley to get older and start to interact a little more and learn to crawl, walk, etc.; and then the other part of me wants her to stay little forever. I just love little newborns! They are so sweet and precious.

This is Kayley and me outside Dr. Savage's office. Despite waiting to see the doctor for over an hour and the fact that I'm retarded and forgot her PKU envelope, her appointment went really well. (I had to take her back again the next day for them to draw her blood for the PKU. I'm so glad that she is a good bleeder because I hate watching them prick her heel. They had to do it like 5 times because of her jaundice, so I guess it's not that big of a deal to her because she didn't really cry much this last time. It was more of a whimper.) She was sleeping when we first got there but decided to wake up as I was stripping her down to her diaper and let the nurse know that her bodily functions were working quite well. As I was changing her poopy diaper, the nurse measured her length and head circumference and then when she was all clean, we took her to be weighed. Here are the results:

Weight: 6 lbs. 14 oz. 10%
Length: 20 1/2 in. 50%
Head: 35 cm 25%

When she was born, she weighed 6 lbs. 4 oz. and was 19 in. long. I was never really concerned, but it was definitely comforting to know that she must be getting enough to eat because she is growing well and gaining weight. Before we know it we will be going back for my 6 week and then Kayley's 2 months appointment!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ashley! I love your blog. I'm glad everything went so well at the doctor's. I remember when they drew Natalie's blood for the PKU. She was just screaming and I burst into tears because I just couldn't stand it! Kayley is beautiful and it sounds like she's a wonderful baby. I'm so glad everything is going well for you! Be sure to give me your email address so I can send you an invite to our blog. Love you!

    ReplyDelete