Saturday, November 1, 2008

Our sweet little pumpkin

I have never been a big fan of Halloween in the past, but I was so excited for this year to have a little one to dress up and celebrate with and I decided that I want to try hard to make my kids like Halloween. I have been inspired by Shannon and all of the way cute things that she has done with her children this month to celebrate Halloween and I want to steal some of her ideas to do with my children in the future. I told Nate several weeks ago that I wanted to get Kayley a costume and that Cammie had told me that they had some cheap, cute ones at Walmart. He didn't seem to understand the necessity of a baby having a costume when they don't even know the difference. After explaining to him that I wanted to be able to take pictures and show the grandparents, etc. he shared what he thought was a wonderful idea with me. He suggested that we just go to Walmart, put a costume on her, take a picture, and then go home. Great idea, huh!? :) Anyway, I wasn't a huge fan of his idea and so I went on a search, the Friday before Halloween, for a costume. After going to Target, Walmart, and this Halloween USA store up the street from us, I started to realize that everything was pretty much picked over. The only 0-3 month costume that I found was an ugly monkey costume at Walmart and it was 0-9 months, so it was huge. (If your child was a monkey for Halloween and you liked that costume, then I'm really sorry. I'm sure your child looked adorable in it!) Anyway, so then I remembered that I had noticed that Babies R Us had some costumes last time I was there and I figured that it would have to have a costume in her size since it is a baby store and all. After searching through all of their costumes, the only one that they had in a 0-3 months size was this little pumpkin costume that you see below. I couldn't decide if I should get it or not because it definitely wasn't my favorite but I didn't want to return home empty-handed when Nathan had so sweetly volunteered to stay home with Kayley so I could go and it was 40% off which is always a good thing! I asked a fellow shopper lady standing next to me what she thought about it and she said that she thought it was adorable. That's all I needed to hear and I walked over to stand in line to buy it. When I got home and pulled it out to show Nate, he just kind of stared at it for a bit and then asked me if I liked it. Haha! I have been married to him long enough to know what that means! :) I would have taken it back, but by that point, I didn't even care anymore. It's a good thing too because Kayley was sick on Halloween and so we didn't even go anywhere anyway. Although it wasn't my favorite costume in the world, she ended up being a pretty cute little pumpkin!

2 comments:

  1. She is the cutest little punkin. I love your photography skills. You have now passed me in the creative department.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't let Nate fool you...seeing her in the costume probably melted his heart.

    ReplyDelete